Friday, January 7, 2011

Customer Service Alive and Well at Smith & Wesson Walther USA










One of my favorite little guns is a Walther P22 in .22 long rifle. I often carry the small gun with me when I don’t wish to carry a heavy large caliber pistol. I did a review on this little pistol a while back and here is a link to that review.

http://wildedtx.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-review-of-two-22-pistols-p22-and.html


But this article is about the customer service from the Smith & Wesson which handles the Walther here in the USA. I lost the front sight this weekend while shooting with my wife. Notice I said with my wife not at my wife. We looked for the small detachable front sight but were unable to find it in the tall grass in the pasture where we were plinking. I called S&W this morning to see about buying a replacement. I could not locate my paperwork so I had no part numbers or anything. A representative answered the phone and asked how he could help. I explained what I had lost and he informed me I did not need a part number he knew exactly what I wanted. He also said I might want to put a little loctite on the sight to keep it there unless I intended to change it on purpose. He took my name and address and when I offered to give him my credit card number he told me there would be no charge. What a pleasant surprise from the usual customer service I have received here lately from some other companies. I can assure you my future firearm purchases will include S&W or Walther if they are available in the firearm I am needing. I just thought you might like to know, Wild Ed